Mailing List Incentives for All Organization Types
There are ways to build your mailing list whether you are a business or non-profit organization. You can offer something extra to a potential subscriber to entice them to join your mailing list or become a supporter.
Here are some suggestions to increase mailing list sign-ups. While some of these obviously apply to a business selling services or products, many are applicable to non-profits as well. Be creative and think outside the box!
- Offer a special or a percentage off a product if someone subscribes to your mailing list.
- Offer an item with your organization’s logo on it for anyone who signs up for your mailing list, i.e., tee shirt, tote bag, hat. This is particularly useful for a non-profit as it allows your organization’s cause to be exposed to more people, and offers relatively low-cost promotion in places you may not be.
- Offer a benefit to signing up. If you’re a membership-driven organization, whether a fitness center or a community center, you could offer a free month or a discounted rate when people supply their email address on the membership application.
- Show off your expertise by offering a free white paper when someone provides his or her email address. In this case, you’re giving away something, but you’re also showing off what differentiates your business.
- Offer exclusives. Those on your mailing list could get advance access to new products or services before they’re offered to other clients or members.
Of course, you don’t have to offer an incentive to get someone to join your mailing list. But doing so could bring the extra benefit of added exposure, creating greater awareness, and a longer-term relationship. And, isn’t that what e-newsletters are about?